Title
#core
s

seph

11/17/2021, 7:23 PM
@alessandrogario merged the BPF changes in, and that was a thing we wanted to try to get out. How’s m1 support? Should I cut 5.1 today, or do folks want to wait? (@Mike Myers)
a

alessandrogario

11/17/2021, 9:27 PM
Thanks for merging it! We are in the process of removing some of the additional messages we left in each commit (due to the squashes)
9:28 PM
I would say in a day or two we can mark it as ready for review
9:28 PM
Once that is merged, we are going to focus again on the codesigning workflow
s

seph

11/17/2021, 9:28 PM
Er, mike merged it. I thought you did. Either way, it’s merged.
9:29 PM
So, do you you want a 5.1 release, or do you want to wait?
a

alessandrogario

11/17/2021, 9:29 PM
I think we could make a 5.1 release and include additional crash fixes (if any)
9:29 PM
then maybe proceed with a test release for M1?
s

seph

11/17/2021, 9:31 PM
If you’re planning on getting people to test head, we can just wait and see if we need to merge anytthing else before cutting 5.1
a

alessandrogario

11/17/2021, 9:31 PM
and use that to double check that you and @zwass can verify it contains everything it needs to be correctly supported
s

seph

11/17/2021, 9:32 PM
Just about my EoD. So I’m not going to pick this up. But I think we can cut a 5.1 whenever.
a

alessandrogario

11/17/2021, 9:32 PM
I'll leave the HEAD running on a couple of our systems, then we can talk about 5.1 tomorrow when you have time!
s

seph

11/17/2021, 9:32 PM
y’all automated it enough, it’s easy 🙂
Mike Myers

Mike Myers

11/17/2021, 9:39 PM
thanks for being ready to move on the 5.1 release! I think it'll mostly be the BPF fix. The M1 changes may be ready to review but that alone will take a bit I expect
a

alessandrogario

11/18/2021, 3:54 PM
I'll spend some time today and tomorrow to do some additional testing, and I'd like to maybe make one of the limits configurable with a command line flag
3:54 PM
then we can talk about 5.1 monday?
s

seph

11/18/2021, 5:55 PM
Okay! My time next week is going to be really scarce (Child has the week off from school) but we should be able to cut a release Mon or Tues