Title
#fleet
m

Mike Hill

02/12/2021, 8:04 PM
Hi all, I’ve just updated our Fleet server to the latest available and now see the attached when attempting to start the service. Running
prepare db
returns
migrations complete
but this continues to show in the logs. Any tips on how to resolve, please?
zwass

zwass

02/12/2021, 8:08 PM
My guess would be you are running different binaries when you do
prepare db
vs. however you are running the server?
m

Mike Hill

02/12/2021, 8:09 PM
Thanks! I’ll take a look into that
c

Chris Reisor

02/12/2021, 8:15 PM
If you're using Kubernetes, don't forget to update the image id in your job file, that'll fix it
m

Mike Hill

02/12/2021, 8:18 PM
Binaries are the same for
prepare db
and in
fleet.service
. This is running on an Ubuntu box, no Kubernetes
zwass

zwass

02/12/2021, 8:26 PM
This is almost certainly not the case. You're getting an error about the
deleted
column which has been deleted (😉) from the Fleet code since October.
m

Mike Hill

02/12/2021, 8:27 PM
Ha! OK, let me dig further in that case. Thanks 👍
zwass

zwass

02/12/2021, 8:27 PM
Your server is probably running something <= 3.2.0
m

Mike Hill

02/12/2021, 8:27 PM
It was and then I replaced the binaries earlier today
8:32 PM
😳 Well… it would have helped if I’d pulled from the new fleetdm location, rather than the old kolide repo. Pulled from the correct repo, ran
prepare db
and now all working. Thanks @zwass I’ll go and hide in shame
zwass

zwass

02/12/2021, 8:32 PM
Ha no worries! We've all got some pains to deal with from the transition.